Life can be challenging and it’s okay to feel overwhelmed at times - feeling stressed and anxious is what it means to be human. Although we have our own unique experiences, we are never alone. In an inclusive and supportive environment, discover how to compassionately attune, integrate and wisely respond to the challenges that life brings. Learn to trust in your capacity to meet each moment and flourish in this life.
Join Angela for a nourishing weekly dose of therapeutic yin yoga, breath practices and mindfulness based meditations to cultivate greater ease, relaxation, resilience and improve physical and mental wellbeing.
What to expect?
* Therapeutic Yin Yoga poses to relieve tension, stress and calm the nervous system
* Breathing and meditation practices to bring greater presence, relaxation and improve overall mental, physical and emotional well being.
* Effective strategies to bring relief from negative thoughts, difficult emotions and circumstances.
* Healing practices to help reduce inflammation, improve sleep, digestion and bring balance to the body and mind.
* Compassion based practices to see the goodness in ourselves, widen the bandwidth of what we can cope with and see the strength in our vulnerability
* Understand why we feel stress and anxiety; how they are not the enemy; and learn strategies to effectively respond when these feelings arise to bring greater peace and ease.
* Cultivate greater sense of awareness, clarity, vitality, equanimity and courage.
* Increased flexibility, both in terms of range of physical motion, but also our ability to widen and shift our perspective. Helping us to see more possibilities in life and more effectively problem solve challenging situations.
* Learn to care for yourself and make the desired changes in your life that bring lasting contentment, health and genuine happiness.
* A weekly dose of self-care - a radical act of self-love.
Why Yin Yoga?
Yin is a deeply therapeutic practice that targets the myofascia (connective tissues) to release physical tension; improve flexibility and range of motion; and deeply relax the nervous system. As a result, we restore balance in our internal organs, reduce inflammation and stress, improve sleep, increase energy and clarity, and feel restored - which all play an important role in bolstering our wellbeing. Yin Yoga is a more meditative based practice, inviting us to cultivate greater balance, relaxation and surrender into our lives. Poses are floor based and passively held for typically between 3-5min, allowing time to truly surrender into the poses and explore.
Who’s it ideal for?
Regardless of your Yoga experience, this course is specifically designed for anyone seeking to:
* Improve their mental health and wellbeing
* Feel more at ease in their day, relationships and life.
Angela Mifsud, who combines her Yoga and Psychology training to bring the ideal blend of wisdom and empathy to this 6-week course.
Min: 6, Max 15 students.
Date(s):Thursday, 16 May 2019 to Thursday, 20 June 2019
Share this event:
Time:6:30pm - 7:45pm
Venue:Yogabowl (upstairs) @ Lane Cove Tennis Club.