When 2 senior Yoga teachers and studio owners get together, that’s a whole lot of wisdom & experience right there. With a combined 45 years of teaching experience, and 26 years in the Yoga Business - these lady’s brains are definitely worth picking.
Join Carmen Ceniza (from Lila Yoga) and Mitch (Michelle) Gibson (from Yogabowl) for this amazing 1-day intensive for Yoga Teachers.
Whether you’re still studying, you’ve just completed your Teacher Training - or you’ve been out there teaching for a while and it’s starting to feel like a hard slog or you’ve lost your way - this will be right up your alley.
Jam packed with loads of tips, info & resources - we’ll dive deep into your WHY, explore the WHAT, and send you down the pathway of HOW.
Take advantage of the full day learning experience and early bird discount (including $100 worth of mentor time), or email us about joining for just a half day session.
MORNING SESSION: 8am - 12noon Led by Carmen Ceniza
How to run YOU as your Yoga Teacher business: Creating your Yoga business to last.
Topics covered will include:
- Your WHY: intention / purpose.
- Should I quit my day job?
- Dealing with paperwork: invoicing / receipts / what I can and can’t claim, AND the dreaded tax stuff you need to know … ABN / GST / BAS - what does it all mean?
- Your worth: What to charge / Seva Vs exploitation.
- Do I need to join any associations?
AFTERNOON SESSION: 1pm - 4:45pm Led by Mitch Gibson.
Nailing Yoga teaching: Getting Work & standing out from the crowd.
Topics covered will include:
- How to get teaching work in our competitive industry.
- Creating a knock-out Job application (& what certifications to include) that will get your foot in the door.
- The power of connection.
- Creating your own work, including events, corporates & other paid Yoga work.
- Niching: Standing out from the crowd probably WILL get you work.
- Collaboration: going outside the square.
- Tribe / community building. Your X-factor: authenticity, heart & soul.
- Marketing tips: the only way this is going to work. (Target market related)
- Burnout & self-care / your personal practice.
- Mentoring: ongoing support no matter where you are in your business: moving past self-doubt, gain confidence, improve your teaching skills.
Cost: $295 full day EARLY BIRD until 15th Jan ($360 full rate) - includes $100 worth of mentor time.
OR $175 half day (email us to wait-list for half day only).
All participants will receive digital handouts, info sheets & check lists. Places are strictly limited - register now.
PRAISE FOR CARMEN:
''Carmen has been my accountant for 3 years now. As a new Yoga teacher starting my own business for the first time, and the prospect of tax returns felt confusing and overwhelming.
Carmen put my mind to rest straight away. She is extremely clear, understanding and efficient.
I am so impressed by how quickly and simply she sorts my tax return out. Being a Yoga teacher herself, she totally understands the challenges of running a small business and making ends meet in an expensive city like Sydney. I don’t know what I would do without her and highly recommend Carmen’s services to anyone."
Clare, Yoga teacher: Dancing Warrior Yoga SYD.
PRAISE FOR MITCH:
“You should know: you have such a special gift. I’ve done Yoga all my life, but you have such a real connection with us, and offer something so different and so very special. Really … thank you.” Antoinette, Yoga student.
Date(s):Sunday, 25 February 2018
Share this event:
Time:8am - 4:45pm
Venue:Yogabowl (upstairs) @ Lane Cove Tennis Club.