This 30 hour training with Mitch (Michelle) Gibson is an in-depth experience of the what, why, & how of Restorative Yoga. Expect an embodied journey of how to create and hold space for deep relaxation with yourself and your students.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
- The embodiment of this work with a lot of Restorative Yoga practice.
- Confidence, knowledge and hands-on experience to sequence and teach Restorative Yoga.
- The course has been approved by Yoga Australia for 12 cpd points.
WHAT WE’LL COVER OVER 5 DAYS:
* The true definition of Restorative Yoga on the ever-evolving Yoga “menu”, and why it’s a uniquely special practice
* How Restorative Yoga works
* The importance of embodiment
* Propping: from the minimal … to all of the glorious detail
* Basic prescription and sequencing, including troubleshooting & modifications
* Effective communication & languaging
* Transitioning your students into Restorative Yoga
* Restorative Yoga in real bodies (not just Yoga teacher bodies)
* Sharing & exploring along the learning journey
* Certificate of completion & competency
- Yoga teachers seeking to teach Restorative Yoga
- You’ve taught bits of Restorative, though need clarity and direction.
- Those with prior Restorative teaching experience, who want to explore more depth, detail, and a quieter practice for themselves and their students.
- Experienced students looking to deepen their knowledge & practice of Restorative Yoga, & wish to create this at home for themselves / their family.
Price includes a FREE 30min “Pick My Brain” mentoring session ($75 value) with Mitch, valid 6 months.
Places are strictly limited to just 20, allowing closer connection, sharing, feedback & direction with Mitch.
ABOUT YOUR PRESENTER:
Mitch (Michelle) Gibson has been guiding human bodies toward health since 1984. She began teaching Yoga in 2002, and then Restorative Yoga in 2009. A certified Relax and Renew Level 1 and 2 trainer with Judith Lasater, Mitch has also studied Restorative Yoga with Roger Cole and Lizzie Lasater. She brings the detail and sensitivity from that Lasater lineage to her work. Restorative Yoga is MItch’s passion, her practice and her therapy. She is the creator and owner of Yogabowl studio in Lane Cove, Sydney - and mentors Yoga teachers throughout Australia.
PRAISE FOR MITCH’S WORK:
“Keep teaching Restorative. The world needs what you have to offer.” Lizzie Lasater, International Restorative Yoga teacher trainer 2018.
“This was such a great embodied training. I loved having time & space to experience each pose, the de-briefs, the detailed teaching tips and repetition of key facts, AND the great marketing info. Mitch was so generous with her knowledge. It definitely was time and money well spent.”
Sallyann, Yoga teacher & 2018 Restorative Training participant.
“Mitch’s Restorative training delivered everything it promised, and more. There was a beautiful flow to the course - and the emphasis on small details that make a lot of difference, was great. It’s taken my Restorative practice to a whole new level, and given me the confidence to teach soon.”
Deb, Yoga student & 2018 Restorative Training participant.
“I loved the small group dynamic & sharing/deconstructing time - which really showcased the information’s real world application. I enjoyed the later starts - and Mitch’s great vocabulary & teaching cues. ”
Anita, Yoga teacher & 2018 Restorative Training participant.
“That was just so special! You are such a beautiful teacher.” Heather, Yoga teacher.
Thurs 2 May: 9am - 5pm
Fri 3 May: 9am - 5pm
Sat 4 May: 12pm - 6pm
Sun 5 May: 11am - 4pm
Mon 6 May: 9am - 5pm
There will be an hour lunch break each day.
EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TRAINING:
3 Yoga blankets
1 Yoga bolster
1 Yoga block
1 Eye Pillow
2 x hand towels (preferably same size)
The venue has Yoga mats, though you’re welcome to BYO.
Book: “Restore and Rebalance”, by Judith Hanson Lasater.
Local participants are expected to bring all required Yoga props please.
Out-of-towner’s: let us know if you need assistance with props.
PAYMENT PLANS: Are available. Please get in touch.
Date(s):Thursday, 2 May 2019 to Monday, 6 May 2019
Share this event:
Time:varied (see above)
Venue:Rise Studio. 1 Cowlishaw St Tuggeranong ACT