The ideal Yoga class for High School aged girls and boys.
The physical aspects of Teens Yoga will stretch, strengthen and loosen up their body - which complements the sport they play by increasing focus and preventing injury AND is ideal for desk-sitters and slouchers.
Aside from the physical benefits, teenagers learn skills for coping with the unique issues they''re faced with everyday: exams & expectations, stressful schedules & situations, friendships and relationships, and the enormous pressure to fit in.
Some documented benefits of Teens Yoga include:
- enhanced self-image
- learning to manage stress & enhance ability to bounce back after a stressful situation.
- improved emotional regulation, resilience & optimism
- boost mood & reduce anxiety
- increased social cohesion with family & peers
- revive focus & memory, therefore reflecting on their grades
- improve anger control & inertia
- reduced interest in experimenting with drugs & alcohol
We provide a safe, fun space where they don’t need to overachieve, offering Yoga-based tools to self-regulate pressure, stress and anxiety AND develop focus and confidence. They’ll truly relax with a combination of movement, breathing and gentle meditation & mindfulness techniques.
Led by Anita Foster
Date(s):Sunday, 2 February 2020 to Sunday, 5 April 2020
Venue:Yogabowl, Central Park, Kenneth Street, Longueville